|Posted by laurettefiumeoe2694 on June 9, 2016 at 11:00 PM|
Piering or piling is a manner of driving steel pilings for correcting foundation settlement and rectifying building foundations. If you are looking to accomplish foundation repair Kansas City then keep reading.
Push piers comprise of parts of epoxy-coated or galvanized steel pipe driven into the ground by using a hydraulic ram.
Helical piers use screw piles who have steel shafts. With one or several helixes attached, the lead section provides the necessary bearing capacity. A hydraulic torque motor is used for screwing the piers to the ground.
With both systems, one or multiple steel piers are driven in to a suitable soil bearing layer or to rock and therefore are connected using a metal head foundation towards the foundation. Upon reaching suitable bearing stratum, each pile is going to be tested to a greater force than essential to keep the structure.
Hydraulic jacks that adhere to embedded steel piers can be used for raising the foundation straight back to the very first elevation. Right after the structure is restored to its desired elevation the piles are then affixed using welds and bolts to wall brackets thus securing the structure’s new elevation.
Advantages Of Piers On Concrete Foundations
-The equipment is portable and will be operated easily in tight spaces with poor access
-No lack of utilisation of the dwelling and even disruption
-No heavy equipment
-No destruction from the yard
-Remedies the main cause of the settlement as well as the consequences in one sweep
1. Adjacent to the cornerstone, a 3’ x 4’ excavation is manufactured, which can be approximately 10” below the grade beam.
2. In the footing bottom, soil is scrapped then your foundation chipped smooth for ensuring proper fitting of the support bracket.
3. Hydraulics and brackets are installed then the guide sleeve is advanced with the support bracket.
4. Pier and starter sections are advanced to refusal. The standard penetrating power is 50,000 pounds of total driving force.
5. The final pier section is cut over the support bracket approximately 5” then a fasting plate is installed on the pier column’s top.
6. Hydraulics are reconnected and sequentially operated to increase the structure.
7. After raising the dwelling to desired height, fastening plates and support bracket are affixed to the pier column permanently.
8. After the structure is secure, elevation, pressure, and depth readings are taken for each pier.
9. Excavated soil is replaced and compacted.
10. Concrete and shrubbery removed for setting up the pier is replaced.
Concrete Push Piers
Hydraulic Foundation Repair Piers
Push piers are pier systems driven hydraulically that contain sections of epoxy-coated or galvanized steel pipe. The piers bear a point and a hydraulic ram can be used to drive them through unstable soils to rock bearing strata.
Each pier will then be load tested individually then a patented uniform technique is utilized to stabilize the structure and be sure maximum practical recovery. For a hydraulic ram driven piering system, it can be assumed that equal bearing strata is reached once the jacking loads is equivalent to the capacity from the steel pier.
Much like the Helical Pier system, this system is proven to aid structures successfully in the majority of soil conditions. Moreover, it can be used for foundation stabilization and slabs built on questionable soil in addition to tieback anchoring, seismic protection, deadman anchoring and fixture anchoring. It can even be installed successfully in tight areas.
Now you know what is associated with Foundation repair in Kansas City, all you need to do is try to find experienced professionals to do the task.